How to properly clean your own photovoltaic power generation system
Cleaning the components can improve the power generation efficiency of the system. Generally speaking, the service life of photovoltaic modules is about 25 years, and the dust and leaves on the module panels need to be cleaned regularly. If you like cleaning, you can also clean the components yourself, but you need to pay attention to the following:
1. Clean thoroughly. If there is a dead angle, it will cause serious consequences such as the hot spot effect. Under normal illuminance, the panel without a clean angle will change from a power generating unit to an energy-consuming unit, and the shaded photovoltaic cell will become a non-power load resistor, consuming the power consumption of the connected battery, that is, heating and hot spot effects. This process will aggravate the aging of the battery panel, reduce the output power, and cause a fire in severe cases.
2. In order to avoid electric shock and damage to the human body by wiping the components under high temperature and strong light, usually choose to clean the components in the morning or evening.
3. Use special cleaners. Some users use ordinary tap water or well water to clean the battery panels, because the water contains a lot of impurities, which will adhere to the glass panels on the surface of the battery components, reducing the efficiency of solar power generation.
4. Before cleaning the parts, check the monitoring records to see if there are abnormal output records, analyze that it may be caused by leakage, and check whether the connecting wires and related parts of each part are damaged or stuck together. Before cleaning, check the aluminum frame, bracket and tempered glass surface. Eliminate leakage hazards and ensure personal safety.
5. There are many sharp corners in the aluminum frame and photovoltaic bracket of the photovoltaic module. Therefore, the components should be cleaned with work clothes and hats to avoid scratches. Clothes or tools should not use hook straps. Parts that can easily fall over the cable head.
6. It is strictly forbidden to step on photovoltaic system equipment, such as photovoltaic modules, track supports, cable trays, etc.
7. Develop a reasonable cleaning schedule according to the comprehensive local conditions to ensure a scientific and efficient cycle cleaning plan to meet the requirements of power generation efficiency. It is strictly forbidden to clean photovoltaic modules under strong wind, heavy rain, thunderstorm, heavy snow and other weather conditions. In winter and snow season, battery components cannot be washed with water, and battery panels may freeze in certain seasons. Equipment with the functions of snow removal, dew removal, deicing, and non-washing should be used; when the panel is hot, the panel cannot be washed with cold water.
8. It is strictly forbidden to wipe photovoltaic modules with hard, sharp tools or corrosive solvents and alkaline organic solvents, and it is strictly forbidden to clean module junction boxes, cable trays, junction boxes and other equipment. When cleaning, the impact pressure of the photovoltaic cleaning equipment on the components must be controlled within a certain range to avoid cracking due to improper stress.
9. During cleaning, it is forbidden to stand at a place less than 1 meter away from the edge of the roof. Do not throw down tools and garbage, and take them away after cleaning.
Choosing appropriate cleaning tools and methods can prolong the service life of the battery panels, but if the methods and tools are used improperly, it is easy to cause the surface of the battery to wear and affect the power generation capacity of the battery and the service life of the product.
Users can clean by themselves without mastering professional cleaning knowledge. The method is to ask professional photovoltaic cleaners for cleaning and maintenance to ensure that the photovoltaic modules will not be damaged during the cleaning process.